• Ham Bone and chopped or diced ham
• 3/4 lb (3 Cups) green beans stemmed and cut in bite sized pieces. (You can also use an equal amount of canned cut green beens for a quicker version).
• 1 lb (4 cups chopped) of potatoes, peeled, cooked and cut in chunks
• 1-2 cups Ham Bone Stock
• Sour Cream
• 1/2 cups Buttermilk
• 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
• Hot sauce like Tobasco ( if desired)
• Salt and Pepper
1. Make ham stock by cooking the ham bone in enough water to cover it for at least several hours. Overnight is better.
2. Reserve 2 cups of ham stock. Add the potatoes to it, and cook until they are soft.
3. Lift out the potatoes and puree, in blender or bowl with wire whisk. Set aside and reserve.
4. Add the green beans to the ham stock and cook until just tender. Turn off the heat.
5. Add the buttermilk, coconut milk, ham and pureed potatoes and slowly bring back to a simmer.
6. Taste and add salt, pepper, and hot sauce if desired. Garnish with a shake of paprika and serve.
To make this a low carb recipe, omit the potatoes. This recipe is especially good if you are on a coconut oil diet! If you want to learn more about how to lose weight with coconut oil, check out my website at http://coconut-oil-diet.com.