* 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
* 1/2 C. whole wheat or unbleached white flour
* 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless organic chicken breast halves
* 1 free range organic egg, lightly beaten
* 1/3 C. butter or margarine, melted (or you can substitute coconut oil)
* 1 C. apricot preserves, optional
* 2 T. Dijon mustard, optional
Heat oven to 400° F.
Mix coconut, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in medium bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then coat with coconut mixture. Place in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter (or coconut oil).
Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once. If you stick an instant-read thermometer in the center of the chicken breast, it should register 165° F.
Meanwhile, mix apricot preserves and Dijon mustard until well blended. Serve as sauce with chicken. Serves 4.
For more information on how people are losing weight and getting healthier with coconut oil go to http://coconut-oil-diet.com now.